The Shamal wheel is already an industry reference point for high end aluminum wheelsets.
Now for 2018 Campagnolo have taken their know how and expertise to introduce the new disc brake version. The result is a wheel already famous for its steering, smoothness and versatility that is now also available for those wanting a bike with disc brakes.
- Weight: 1592 g
Guaranteed quality and performance
- This is the disc brake variant of the famous Shamal Ultra aluminum wheel
- Flanges of the alloy hub and carbon fiber spacer in the front
Redesigned specifically for disc brakes
- Front hub axle HH 12/100 and rear HH12/142 floating axle. QR axles available as accessories
- New “road” design of the flange: offering excellent integration with the AFS rotor, it improves transmission of the braking forces
Versatile and distinctive
- 2-Way Fit version: you can choose whether to use the clincher tire or the innovative tubeless / tubeless ready (using the sealant recommended by the tire manufacturer)
- Its black self-locking anodized nipples add a touch of class and keep the spokes in place
- 2-WAY FIT VERSION (tubeless + clincher): it makes it possible for the cyclist to use the same rim to choose the best of the two worlds: traditional clincher tire or the innovative tubeless.
- 17 mm INNER WIDTH RIM: it creates a perfect balance between weight and performance with 25 mm tires to achieve high levels of comfort.
- DIFFERENT HEIGHT FOR THE FRONT RIM: The 27 mm profile on the front rim ensures the maximum rigidity on the point of contact of the nipples. The toroidal milling makes it possible to obtain a 25 mm height in the areas where no additional material is needed, reducing thus the weight and improving wheel rideability.
- DIFFERENT HEIGHT FOR THE REAR RIM: the 30 mm profile on the rear rim ensures the maximum rigidity on the point of contact of the nipples. The toroidal milling makes it possible to obtain a 27 mm height in the areas where no additional material is needed, reducing thus the weight and improving the wheel response
- FRONT WHEEL SPOKES: 14 aerodynamic aluminum spokes on the braking side and 7 aerodynamic aluminum spokes with a 2/1,6/2 mm section on the drivetrain side.
- REAR WHEEL SPOKES: 7 aerodynamic aluminum spokes on the braking side and 14 aerodynamic aluminum spokes on the drivetrain side to ensure aerodynamics and response, transferring to the drivetrain side the braking torque generated on the disc.
- ANODIZED SELF-LOCKING BLACK NIPPLES: the prevent the possible rotation of the spokes during the wheel life-cycle.
- FRONT HH 12/100 AND REAR HH 12/142 FLOATING AXLE: only one specification to obtain the “Campagnolo performance” also in the transfer of forces to the frame. QR axles available as accessories.
- USB (ULTRA SMOOTH BEARING): high quality ceramic bearings for a smooth and frictionless rolling. RING NUT WITH MICRO-ADJUSTMENT: it allows a precise adjustment of the hub.
- ALUMINIUM SOLID BODY WITH MEGA-G3 SYSTEM IN THE REAR HUB: it ensures great efficiency in terms of aerodynamics and response thanks to the reinforced braking side to improve the resistance to the torque in the braking phase.
- FRONT HUB ALLOY FLANGES AND CARBON FIBER SPACER: the result is a front wheel extremely light and robust. New “road” design of the flange: excellent integration with the AFS disc, it improves the transmission of the braking forces.
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire beads. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.
Front: 12 x 100mm
Rear: 12 x 142mm
Front: 25 – 27mm
Rear: 27 – 30mm
|Inner Rim Width||17mm|
|Outer Rim Width||22.5mm|
Front: Alloy flanges and carbon fiber spacers
Rear: Aluminum solid body w/Mega-G3 system
|Spokes||F21 spokes with G3 technology|
|Nipples||Anodized self-locking, black|
|Extras||Magnet holder for aluminium spokes and rubber 24, magnet 5x15 for aluminium spokes, key for fastening the tubeless valve, lever for assembling / disassembling the tire, hexagonal coupling wrench for disassembling rl body, magnet for nipples insertion|
* Subject to change without notice.